Seedtime and Harvest: It's TIME!
Steve Malone tells a story: A pilot always looked down intently on a certain valley in the Appalachians. "What’s so interesting about that spot?" Asked a fellow pilot. "See that stream? Well, when I was a kid I used to sit down there on a log and fish, and every time an airplane flew over, I would look up and wish I were flying... Now I look down and wish I were fishing."
That is pretty well the way it is, isn’t it? - Sometimes even though we do get what we want - it still doesn't satisfy us!
Mostly everyone wants more. A little child wants more toys, a teenager wants more gadgets, newest phone/TV time; and young adults want more clothes, more freedom, and more popularity. Most adults even want more also; a nicer house, a newer car, a better job, better spouse, more prestige.....
And often we do get more – we get a new car and we are content..... For a while. We buy a new home - it’s the home of our dreams and we are content.....for a while. The job we always wanted comes knocking at our door - great pay, incredible benefits - and we are content, for a while; for what looks good today, isn't always good tomorrow, what's in today becomes old tomorrow, and what we couldn't do without today is extendable tomorrow. Those new shoes, we now take off from stepping on them with the other shoe, and without untying them (I know I'm right about it).
Why? Because nothing and no one is able to keep any of that stuff sustainable indefinitely.
Only what we do for the ultimate REWARDER will last.
- The word proclaims that Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away Matt 24:35 It also goes on to say, It's God's word that will bring about the changes and the miracles we all desire. So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isa 55:11
For everything else will pass like a vapor, and only what you do for Christ will last.
Your good looks, long Black hair, hour glass figure; yep all gone in just a lil while- (somebody a lil older than you is saying AMEN right now). So make good decisions, for the good seeds you sow today will reap a good harvest tomorrow, for...
1. The harvest God provides: "Seedtime and harvest...shall not cease" (Gen. 8:22).
- Meaning the more you sow unto God, his kingdom, and his kids will be richly rewarded, for he is able to make your harvest ongoing. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Cor. 9:8
- That means He's able to bless your work all the time!
And If you're not believing The Lord of the harvest at his word and by faith then it's SIN (Rom 14:23). Doubting God keeps mountains in your way (Mark 11:23), keeps doors locked that should have been opened (Matt 7:7), and keeps promises from being provided.
2. The harvest sin produces isn't something you really want: "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Gal. 6:7)
Similar as to the things we have today grow old tomorrow, and the materials we have today, we'll grow disinterested in them; bad decisions, will only provide dissatisfaction. Ask the rich man in Luke 12:20-21 who lost it all behind selfishness, ask the man with the one talent in Matt 25:28, who didn't utilize what The Lord gave him, or ask those closes to you who struggle because they only want a Savior, but not a Lord (one they submit ALL to).
~~ It’s a package deal! He only comes to us one way- Savior and Lord. So this month sow good seeds, so you can reap you God appointed, God provided harvest
If you don't know, you better ask somebody.
Pastor Kirkland A. Smith